jeudi 21 mai 2020

CHARLIE PICKETT - If This Is Love Can I Get My Money Back / Slow Death


Charlie Pickett est né en 1953 à Athens, Georgia, relocalisé en Floride, le guitariste démarre sa carrière dans les clubs locaux avec un garage punk pas très éloigné des Heartbreakers, deux singles paraissent en 1981 sous son nom sur le label de Miami "Open Records". Le second single "If This Is Love Can I Get My Money Back / Slow Death" contient une reprise de son cousin Mark Markham en face A (Mark Markham & The Jesters figurent sur la compilation Sixties Archives Vol. 4: Florida & New Mexico Punk, voir index) et une solide reprise du "Slow Death" des Flamin' Groovies en face B... Line-up: Charlie Pickett (vocals, guitar), Barry Elliot (guitar, vocals), David Shibler (bass) & Leigh Stoner (drums)... Florida punk nugget...

A_If This Is Love Can I Get My Money Back
B_Slow Death

(1981)

Listen

1 commentaire:

  1. I once owned the live album by Charlie Pickett and the Eggs (on Open Records) which contained both of these songs. I was a fool to sell that record, but it is good to hear these again!

    RépondreSupprimer